- Apply sunscreen as the last step of your skincare routine, even on the cold days. Our skin gets exposed to UVA and UVB rays from the air in general so it needs the protection from a good sunscreen.
- Use a chemical sunscreen when spending long hours outdoors and when going to the beach. Chemical sunscreens are far more resilient to sweat and water and they stay longer on the skin than physical sunscreens can.
- Choose a chemical sunscreen for kids because chemical sunscreens stay on the skin longer and can withstand far more environmental factors than a physical sunscreen can. Don’t be fooled by the name ‘chemical sunscreen’, it does NOT imply it’s unhealthy or toxic for babies or toddlers.
- Re-apply your sunscreen at least once during the day. Sunscreens are a chemical so they will fade away and they do need to be re-applied.
- Go for more lightweight skincare products in summer (and then heavier skincare products in winter). Choose a lightweight moisturiser and gels over thick and heavy creams.
- Buy a big floppy hat that you absolutely love and can’t leave the house without it. This is especially important for anyone who wears prescription glasses and doesn’t wear sunglasses because they act like magnifiers drawing the UV rays onto the eyes.
- Buy a water bottle that you love and take it with you everywhere you go. Our skin needs water to for rehydration just like the rest of our body does.
- Invest in an amazing vitamin C serum. Vitamin C is Queen of Antioxidants for your skin which means it removes all the free radicals caused by sun exposure and air pollutants. Free radicals are what cause wrinkles, lines, pigmentation and sunspots on our skin.
- Fake the tan. Don’t sunbake because that’s just asking for wrinkles and age spots! Instead do a weekly fake tan at home or get a professional spray tan.
Would you like some assistance with your smile? We are here to help. Simply call Melbourne’s experts in skin care and cosmetic dentistry on 9088 1118 to ask your dental question or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively we invite to book for a cosmetic consultation with our friendly Melbourne cosmetic dentist
Never miss a moment | Follow our socials:
Have a lovely day, you lovely human!