- You need to have your dental hygiene routine down pat. Your gums need to be healthy which means you’re brushing with an electric toothbrush and you’re getting your teeth professionally cleaned twice a year.
- Not all porcelain veneers are created equally. The quality and the aesthetic result of porcelain veneers depends on how they are made. They can either be handmade by a dental ceramist which gives the most natural-looking outcome, or they can be manufactured in bulk by a machine that gives a bulky and unnatural appearance.
- You’ll need to wear an aftercare guard once the veneers are placed. Similar to needing to wear a retainer after you get braces off, that clear bit of plastic that sits over the veneers needs to be worn every night when you’re asleep. The reason is that we all move around when we sleep, including our jaw. Some of us move our jaw and clench and grind our teeth in our sleep more than others. Hence the aftercare guard is your insurance policy to make sure the veneers are protected from your own nightly movements.
- You can preview how the permanent porcelain veneers will look like. The Trial Smile period is where you wear temporary veneers on your teeth for just under 3 weeks. This step allows clients to test drive their new and improved smile.
- You don’t need to get your teeth shaved down into stumps. When we’re adding volume to the teeth, we hardly need to prepare any tooth shape at all. If we do need to prepare some teeth, it’s the same thickness of a fingernail which is ultra-conservative and minimally invasive.
- Porcelain veneers are worth it. Porcelain veneers provide the best value for money compared to any other cosmetic procedure for your face. Apart from a facelift, no other cosmetic treatment can last 15 years.
Would you like some assistance with your smile? We are here to help. Talk to us for more information or to find out how much composite and porcelain veneers cost. Simply call Melbourne’s experts in cosmetic dentistry on 9088 1118 to ask your dental question or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively we invite to book for a cosmetic consultation with our friendly Melbourne cosmetic dentist
Never miss a moment | Follow our socials:
Have a lovely day, you lovely human!