The process of porcelain veneers takes 5 appointments in 5 weeks, its results are long-term and require low maintenance. Here is a breakdown of how porcelain veneers are applied:
- Appointment 1 – we take moulds of the top and bottom teeth. This appointment takes 10 minutes.
- Appointment 2 – this occurs 1 week after the first appointment. This is the Trial Smile Appointment. This appointment takes about 4 hours and local anaesthetic is required. The teeth are lightly prepared and temporary veneers are put on the teeth. This is a blueprint of what the final porcelain veneers will look like.
- Appointment 3 – the next day following the Trial Smile Appointment is the Feedback Appointment. This is where you provide feedback to the dentist about what you love about the veneers and what you’d like changed. This appointment is a 30 minute appointment to allow for some fine tuning.
- Appointment 4 – this happens 3 weeks after the third appointment. This is the appointment where the Permanent Porcelain Veneers are cemented. After local anaesthetic is done, the temporary veneers are removed and the permanent porcelain veneers are cemented on to the teeth.
- Appointment 5 – 1-2 days later, this is the Fine Tuning Appointment. We take our ‘after’ photos and voila! We’re all done.
Would you like some assistance with your smile? We are here to help. Talk to us for more information or to find out how much porcelain veneers cost. Simply call Melbourne’s experts in cosmetic dentistry on 9088 1118 to ask your dental question or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively we invite to book for a cosmetic consultation with our friendly Melbourne cosmetic dentist
Never miss a moment | Follow our socials:
Have a lovely day, you lovely human!