Porcelain veneers last about 15 years. Here’s how to make them last longer.
- Wear an aftercare guard every night when you go to bed. Most of us grind or clench our teeth when we’re sleeping whether we realise it or not. An aftercare guard looks like a clear retainer that you’d wear after getting braces. It acts as a load distributor and prevents the veneers from getting damaged by your own habit.
- See your dentist at least twice a year, but ideally three times a year when you get porcelain veneers.
- Avoid particularly sticky foods such as toffee and practically hard foods such as hard whole grains. Porcelain veneers don’t like to be bent
- Quit nasty habits such as chewing on your fingernails or pencils. It’s the flexing motion that porcelain veneers don’t like to do.
- Brush your teeth using an electric toothbrush. Electric toothbrushes do a far better job at keeping your smile healthy and fresh than a manual toothbrush ever can.
- Don’t use teeth whitening toothpaste. It’s far too damaging for your natural teeth but it’s also damaging to the porcelain veneers because of the abrasive particles that are in it.
- Don’t try to whiten your veneers. Not only can’t the veneers be whitened, but the whitening gel is actually harmful to the veneers. For this reason, we recommend to whiten your smile before getting veneers.
Would you like some assistance with your smile? Talk to us for more information or to find out how much porcelain veneers cost. We are here to help. Simply call Melbourne’s experts in cosmetic dentistry on 9088 1118 to ask your dental question or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively we invite to book for a cosmetic consultation with our friendly Melbourne cosmetic dentist
Never miss a moment | Follow our socials:
Have a lovely day, you lovely human!