Composite veneers last 3-5 years. Here is how to make them last longer.
- If you have 6 or more composite veneers then wear an aftercare guard every night when you go to bed. Most of us grind or clench our teeth when we’re sleeping whether we realise it or not. An aftercare guard looks like a clear retainer that you’d wear after getting braces. It acts as a load distributor and prevents the veneers from damaging.
- See your dentist at least twice a year for a professional dental clean. Composite veneers are similar to natural teeth in that they stain just like our teeth do. So regular polishing and cleaning is required, just like our natural teeth need as well.
- Avoid particularly sticky foods such as toffee and practically hard foods such as hard whole grains. Composite veneers don’t like to be bent.
- Quit nasty habits such as chewing on your fingernails or pencils. It’s the flexing motion that composite veneers don’t like to do.
- Brush your teeth using an electric toothbrush. Electric toothbrushes do a far better job at keeping your smile healthy and fresh than a manual toothbrush ever can.
- Don’t use teeth whitening toothpaste. It’s far too damaging for your natural teeth but it’s also damaging to the porcelain veneers because of the abrasive particles that are in it.
- Don’t try to whiten your veneers. Not only can’t the veneers be whitened, but the whitening gel is actually harmful to the veneers. For this reason we recommend to whiten your smile before getting veneers.
Would you like some assistance with your smile? We are here to help. Talk to us for more information or to find out how much composite veneers cost. Simply call Melbourne’s experts in cosmetic dentistry on 9088 1118 to ask your dental question or email us at email@example.com
Alternatively we invite to book for a cosmetic consultation with our friendly Melbourne cosmetic dentist
Never miss a moment | Follow our socials:
Have a lovely day, you lovely human!